Sunday, November 18, 2007

Selling an Experience...

When you are in the business of selling fragrances that are personalized for the person that will be wearing it, it really limits your ability to sell "gifts". When our sales pitch is "Create a scent that is original and unique just like you", we are really saying "Your scent can not be be created by anyone but you!" Think about it...how can I create your Signature Scent?

So, I decided to package the experience! Here's how:

I put together UNSCENTED product into "packages".












Then I added this card: Outside: "A Gift Exclusively For You..."









Inside:






















This way...I'm selling the "experience"...not just unscented product. You just have to be willing to do some personal sessions after the holidays. I'm doing some holiday boutiques. I'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

UB Queen Bee said...

This is an unbelievable idea I love it! I hate creating scents at an event that don't sell and then I've wasted my product! No need this time :) I'm also plugging in the home scents at my booth so they can smell their way to me ;)